Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide first line of defence oversight to the constituent credit risks in BIL’s credit portfolio across all business lines (WM & CIB) and different credit asset classes (Corporate & Acquisition financing, Real estate financing, Net Asset Value Credit financing) and handle Agency tasks, where necessary.
- Provide analysis and insight in relation to credit risks across all dimensions (e.g. projects, cash flow, industry, product, rating, valuation, etc.).
- Contribute to credit portfolio analysis and management, providing senior management with relevant insights to key and emerging risks.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance experts to support the Corporate Finance mandates (including closings) and in the implementation of the strategy for this activity within the Bank.
DELIVRABLES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Contribute to a regular and proactive monitoring of BIL’s credit portfolio in close interaction with internal (e.g. legal, risk) as well as external stakeholders (e.g. clients, external advisors) during the origination/closing phase and post-closing.
- Manage the entire annual credit review process for each transaction in the scope of the Credit Portfolio Manager
Analyse and explain key metrics, trends, axes of analysis
- Support the Corporate Finance Experts in signings / closings of new transactions (+ be a key actor of the origination process)
- Analyse the portfolio to give provide strategic information to BIL’s senior management
Explain variations and highlight strategic information from a business as well as risk point of view
Give a forward-looking view on the portfolio, considering the overall economic and financial market environment
- Present analyses, key findings and recommendations to the appropriate decision-making bodies in order to enable informed decision making
- Monitor the sectoral limit’s consumptions
Anticipate changes by liaising with RISK, LEGAL streams on portfolios’ evolutions (waiver, amendment, etc.)
- Contribute to the transformation of the team´s processes by playing an active role in the context of new projects
- Ensure a robust permanent control framework to deliver reliable and consistent analysis in a timely manner,
- Liaising with external professionals (financial advisors/banks/debt funds/lawyers, etc.)
- Act as Facility & Security Agent in syndicated financings, being the first point of contact for the borrowers, as well as the co-lenders when appropriate.
Domain of expertise
Education (required level)
Master’s degree or equivalent experience
EN, FR, DE & LUX considered as asset
Knowledge banking techniques
5 year+ prior experience in corporate finance or structured finance
Strong knowledge and previous exposure to structured finance
Experience in drafting and monitoring contractual documents (LMA standard) for the bank, in particular with regard to mandates and complex loans.
Experience in writing credit reviews
Good knowledge of basic IT tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
All of the bank’s front applications and validation systems relevant for the position
More required knowledge
Knowledge of the credit risk and Basel regulation within the bank industry - Desirable
Knowledge on credit products (corporate & acquisition financing, real estate financing, et.)
Analytical skills with capacity of data crunching
Highly motivated, dedicated and willingness to learn combined with outstanding service and client orientation
Self-starter, able to work autonomously and in a team
Precise, attention to detail, organized with a good ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Team player with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm
Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to quickly understand complex business topics
Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.