Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
- The SM/SDM ensures that the processes essential to supply the services are managed. Consequently, the Service Manager is required to assure that duties and responsibilities for the processes are determined and processes are established, executed and updated. He makes sure that the agreements concluded with a provider – its enforcement, verification of its substantial scope in relation to the services defined and their delivery – are meeting the expected standards. He is the ultimate owner of the bank-wide Incident Management process. He copes with escalations when things get out of hand.
- There are plenty of resources involved in delivering the services. The SM/SDM is required to assure that they are appropriately managed in a view to implementing a set of requirements (e.g. contractual commitment for the service). In fact, it means to agree and supply services as documented in the Service Definitions & Service Level Agreements (SLA) and prevent unnecessary firefighting activities.
- The SM/SDM is required to know the performance of the organization. Furthermore, the higher-level management needs to have an overview of the performance of services and knowing opportunities for improvement. He makes efficient use of monitoring, reporting tools and data feeds to manage the quality of the services provided and ultimately actively contribute to the customer satisfaction
- To ensure all the appropriate information is shared and communicated, the SM/SDM needs to assure that information is communicated and shared (for instance information required to determine or support the service, reports, etc...) as well as proper communication paths are accessible. He ensures appropriate information is timely feeding the Risk Management processes.
- Work with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved. With a Continuous Service Improvement posture, capture improvement and enhancement opportunities, facilitate cross-division collaboration to understand their impact, scope, resource requirements and prioritize their implementation
SERVICE MANAGEMENT TEAM DESCRIPTION
- The Service Management (SM) team is coordinating efforts across the CTO (incl. IT and business operations) line to maintain and increase the service quality through a constant cycle of agreeing, monitoring and reporting and instigation of actions to improve service, in line with business objective and cost justification.
- Main team activity scope:
Service Delivery / Major Incident Manager
- Service Definition and associated SLAs
- Service Steering (Monitoring, Dashboards & Reporting)
- Owner of the Major Incidents process and for handling escalations
- Diagnose the root cause of Incidents
- Coordinate efforts to solve the underlying issues
- Suggest Enhancements to prevent reoccurrence
- Education: Master (Bac+4/+5) in economics, engineer
- Professional experience: 5 years of experience in the area concerned at least is required
- Strong customer oriented and service minded posture and interpersonal skills required
- Good organisational skills plus the ability to motivate people across the organisation to provide solutions
- IT background and experience would be considered an asset (ITIL, Cobit)
- A good understanding of process descriptions (process analysis) and optimization (Six Sigma)
- Confident communicator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- “Go Getter”, enthusiastic, autonomous, accountable and proactive
- Writing skills – producing high quality deliverables and authorship of complex documents
- French and English
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.