Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Within our Regulatory and Supervisory Affairs department, you will be responsible for coordinating and drafting answers to supervisory authorities.
The position is based in Luxembourg. You will report to the Head of Regulatory and Supervisory department.
What will you do?
- Ensuring an integrated view of the contacts with the supervisors (CSSF, ECB, BCL, CAA) (therefore actively liaising with other business lines (e.g. Risk, Secretary General, Compliance, etc.)
- Centralizing all exchanges with supervisors inter alia by maintaining updated database
- Drafting answers to supervisors’ requests based on input of concerned stakeholders
- Ensuring that supervisors’ requests are implemented in the bank by coordinating among responsible stakeholders, ensuring supervisors’ expectations will be met, ensuring that appropriate retroplanning is in place, monitoring implementation and ensuring proper reporting.
- Advising on supervisors’ powers and responsibilities
You have :
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Master in law
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and collaborative working skills
- Motivation, drive and commitment
- Integrity and strong business ethics
You are :
- Organized, rigorous and conscientious
- Fluent in English
- French is a clear advantage.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.