Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Within our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will be responsible for both the coordination and production of the Bank's regulatory and cross-functional reports in relation to the Risk Management function
As 2nd line of defense, the role will also aim to facilitate and monitor the implementation of effective risk management practices by operational management and assists risk owners in defining the target risk exposure and reporting adequate risk-related information throughout the organization.
You will report directly to our Head of Transversal Enterprise Risk Management.
1.Participate in the monitoring of all the Bank's risks and develop and manage the risk management reports and the risk dashboard.
2.Participate in the implementation of action plans and lead the various projects to meet all internal and external cross-functional risk management requirements. This function concerns, but is not limited to, the following projects:
- Recovery Plan
- Resolution Plan
- Pillar III report
- Internal control report (CSSF 12/552_20/759)
- Long Form Report
- Risk contribution to the Bank's annual and semi-annual reports
- Internal reports for external rating agencies (Moody's, S&P)
3.Participate in meeting the requirements of the regulatory authorities, notably the European Central Bank, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financer in Luxembourg (CSSF) and the SRB
4.Produce a series of periodic reports to highlight the evolution of regulatory projects and lead internal implementation projects;
5.Participate in recommending risk appetite and risk tolerance statements;
6.Participate in the development and planning of stress tests on which risk appetite is based;
7.Develop the various plans for capital management, compliance with Basel II/III requirements and planning for compliance with the final post-crisis Basel III reforms (known as Basel IV);
8.Monitor the bank's overall risks through reporting to the Management Body (Risk Dashboard);
9.Review and develop all charters, policies and procedures for ERM. Coordination and centralization of all work aimed at structuring the body of documentation related to ERM;
10. As a component of the 2nd line, participate and play an active role in the embedment of the 3-Lines-of-Defense framework in the Group’s internal governance and its operational model;
11. Disseminate the risk management culture and the concept of capital at the Bank level.
- BAC+4/5 in Finance/Economics/Management;
- Excellent level in English, both written and spoken; Some good command of French would be a strong asset
- Proven knowledge of Basel II, Basel III (focus Pillars II and III) and all other regulations related to Risk Management (CRD IV, CRD V, ...);
- Minimum +6 years of successful experience in the banking sector, in Audit (cf. Regulatory Banking Supervisory missions) or even in the field of Consulting;
- Ability to summarize and analyze;
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects;
- Ability to work independently and also to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.