Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
You will be responsible for acquiring, building and maintaining relationships with existing, new clients and intermediaries from and in the Middle East region. The position is based in Luxembourg and you will report to the Head of Non-European Private Banking Clients.
What will you do?
- Ensure the retention of the existing relationships with Middle East clients
- Detect client needs and preferences and offer appropriate products and services (financial, legal and tax products)
- Ensure that client instructions are well executed to guarantee a high level of service
- Coordinate client events (conferences and sponsored activities) and organize key-actions to acquire new clients
- Keep abreast of developments in financial markets and make sure the bank’s investment strategy is properly implemented.
What we need?
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a business development or a relationship management activity
- A global good knowledge of the products and services that private clients and financial intermediaries may typically require
- A relevant University background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build sustainable relationships
- A high level of integrity and ethics
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, any other language is seen as an advantage
- Strongly client- and results-oriented
- Motivated to be part of a team
- Willing and able to travel.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.