Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (Suisse) SA (BIL Suisse) is a fully owned subsidiary of Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA (BIL), the oldest private bank in the Grand Duchy. BIL Suisse is a boutique bank with offices in Zurich, Geneva and Lugano, the three main Swiss financial centers. The setup of the organization promotes swift, agile decision-making and short reporting lines, enabling BIL Suisse to offer innovative wealth solutions for internationally active entrepreneurs and families. Do you consider moving to a boutique Swiss Bank that is part of a wider International Group? Are you ready to go the extra mile for supporting an ambitious team?
Would you be interested in the opportunity to have a direct, tangible impact at the very heart of a bank? BIL Switzerland is looking for motivated movers and shakers who are ready to overhaul and modernise its banking operations. This role is teeming with opportunity to put into practice your best skill set and learn a variety of new ones along the way. Join our family sized bank to get a real opportunity to grow your career and truly have an impact.
What will you do?
You will be part of a small and dynamic team within the Operations department, focused on providing excellent service to internal and external clients. In this role, your main responsibility will be to ensure day to day operations as a support function in a BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) environment. You will also be expected to deal with investigation and operational issues before they are escalated. The role will also be involved in process improvement and project implementation. You will report to the Head of Service Delivery.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
• Managing daily middle/ back-office operations in a BPO environment (monitoring corporate actions, settlements, transfers, reconciliation, cash operations, Masterfile, QI/FATCA…)
• Acting as a key point of contact for several internal clients (RMs, PMs, Traders, etc…)
• Communicating with third party providers to solve issues
• Enforcing and ensuring a key list of controls
• Investigating and providing solutions for day-to-day operational issues before escalation
• Controlling the quality of outsourced activities
• Taking initiative to propose process enhancement and consequent implementation
• Leading projects and work closely with the team to improve overall operations
• Documenting and training current and new processes
• Banking apprenticeship or equivalent education
• At least 5 years of experience in a banking environment, ideally in an investigation role
• Broad general banking operations knowledge, or specific in a certain sector • Good interpersonal skills, with a service orientated mind-set
• Solid problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Ability to prioritize and deal with multiple tasks and requests simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness and ability to learn and grow
• Drive to implement improvement
• A fast learner with a strong sense of accountability
• Comfortable with technology and using different programs
• Capable of identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing an end-to-end process
• Able to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure
• Happy to work in a team and share ideas and knowledge
• Proactive and willing to take initiative • Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with Avaloq
- Other languages: German, French & Italian
You have the drive, ambition and skills and we want to give you the opportunity. BIL Switzerland is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Furthermore you will work in a dynamic and modern environment at the heart of Swiss banking. Interested? Let’s talk about how we can help one another succeed and submit your complete application including your diplomas and Swiss work certificates.