Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
MAIN MISSIONS OF THE TEAM
The WM Commercial Performance & Business Management Team:
- Collaborates with several teams through the bank to provide the WM Management Team with relevant facts, figures & analysis in order to help them taking accurate commercial decisions to activate revenues
- Leads specific initiatives or ad-hoc studies on different pillars such as product management, commercial animation, organization and process improvements
- Contributes to bank-wide projects elaborated in response to transformation, regulatory and/or business requirements
The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in our different activities and to work on various subjects:
- You will develop, implement and monitor a series of sales initiatives in order to steer commercial activities and assist the markets in reaching their sales objectives
- You will review and implement transversal sales approaches, models & methodologies and propose actionable recommendation to the Management Team
- Together with Finance, you will contribute to the Monthly Performance Review meetings with Team Leaders
- You will deliver ad-hoc analyses (on demand) facilitating Management decisions
- You will collect and elaborate new ideas, revisit existing models and implement new tools in response to our clients demands and regulatory needs
- You will support synergies with other business lines and contribute to bank-wide projects & processes improvements
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Commerce
- More than 5 years of experience in the commercial / performance coordination or consulting area
Knowledge and skills:
- Good analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable deep diving into implementation details and quantitative data analyses
- Ability to prioritize topics effectively
- Ability to take ownership and use initiative to achieve objectives
- Problem solving oriented with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office is a must
- Commercial appetence and strong client centric approach are key assets
- Fluency in French and English is mandatory
- Fluency in another European language will be considered as an advantage
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.