Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
You will be responsible for acquiring and building relationships with new clients and intermediaries from Poland. The position is based in Luxembourg.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the growth strategy and to the development of the value proposition of the bank
- Conduct research to identify business opportunities with both existing and new customers
- Develop a growth strategy, foster and build both long-term and trustworthy customer relationships
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the current market conditions to detect and/or anticipate possible commercial opportunities for the customers
- Collaborate across business lines to help you develop new business leads and ensure an excellent after-sales service to guarantee the satisfaction of your customers
- Attend and coordinate events (seminars, conferences) where appropriate to grow your own portfolio
- Make use of the internal CRM to keep track on your business development activities
What we need?
- A proven track record in a sales position
- A strong network of private customers and financial intermediaries in Poland
- An excellent knowledge of the products and services that Polish private customers and financial intermediaries typically require (Asset management, Private equity, wealth planning solutions, credit facilities..)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to build sustainable relationships
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to close deals
- A high level of integrity and ethics
- A relevant University background in Finance
- A CFA certification (optional but seen as an advantage)
- Fluent in Polish and English, any other language is seen as an advantage
- Strongly client- and results-oriented
- Rigorous, organized and methodical in customer approach actions
- Motivated to be part of a team
- Willing and able to travel.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.