Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
· Contribute to the growth strategy and to the development of the value proposition of BIL Asset Services
DELIVERABLES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
· Build and manage a sales pipeline, through direct sales activity and professional networks such as industry associations
· Promote BIL Asset Services internally and on the market
· Maintain and build a network and pipeline to position the group’s asset services offering
· Attend and participate in relevant industry events across Europe
· Demonstrate success in driving sales management, sales plannings and sales enablement.
· Achieve revenue and client targets by establishing deep partnerships
· Develop and manage the intermediary and third-party service provider network that may in turn generate new contacts and leads.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Domain of expertise
At least 7 years in the fund industry
Education (Required level)
University degree (finance, business administration, audit, legal) Bac +3 / 5 or equivalent professional experience
Fluent in French and English, any other language is considered an advantage
Extensive knowledge of :
· Banks’ organisation and activities, workflows, operational risk management processes / tools and challenges
· financial products and services such as cash / treasury management, securities (transactions, safekeeping, …), financing and capital markets solutions.
· A self-motivated individual who can demonstrate an ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
· Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrable passion for selling an offering.
· A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal, presentational, and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills as well as conceptual and strategic thinking.
· Success in fund industry sales roles with a network of referral sources and industry contacts
Experience (Type + number of years)
Minimum 7 years of working experience in the financial industry with at least 5 years of Sales experience.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.