Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
• Make efficient use of monitoring, reporting tools and data feeds to manage the quality of the services provided and ultimately actively contribute to the customer satisfaction
• Manage the lifecycle of underlying Problems, to ensure that these are logged, diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards
• Facilitating and coordinating problem review includes leading and facilitating post-mortem investigations of critical incidents, and managing root cause analysis between expert teams
• Initiating actions to implement corrective and preventative measures based on the “pain/value” ratio
• Use trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, key problem areas, depts, etc… Produce 'Escalation Reports' on recurring issues and issues not being resolved. Production of statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the Problem Management process
• Actively contribute to Knowledge Management. Gather, analyze, store and share knowledge and information pertaining to Incidents, Problems and Known Errors (e.g. KEDB)
• Work with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved
• With a Continuous Service Improvement posture, capture improvement and enhancement opportunities, facilitate cross-division collaboration to understand their impact, scope, resource requirements and prioritize their implementation
Service Management team description
• The Service Management (SM) team is coordinating efforts across the CTO line to maintain and increase the service quality through a constant cycle of agreeing, monitoring and reporting and instigation of actions to improve service, in line with business and cost justification.
• Main team activity scope:
o Service Delivery / Major Incident Manager
Service Definition and associated SLAs
Service Steering (Monitoring, Dashboards & Reporting)
Handling of Major Incidents and escalations
o Problem Management
Diagnose the root cause of Incidents
Coordinate efforts to solve the underlying issues
Suggest Enhancements to prevent reoccurrence
• Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal skills required
• Good organisational skills plus the ability to motivate people across the organisation to provides solutions
• Creative problem solving – following an issue through to its logical conclusion and escalating where necessary.
• IT background is an asset (ITIL)
• A good understanding of process descriptions and optimization (Six Sigma)
• Confident communicator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
• “Go Getter”, enthusiastic, autonomous, accountable and proactive.
• Writing skills – maintaining accurate documentation and authorship of complex documents
• French and English
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.