This is a challenging, fast-paced and interesting role within the Legal Department with a very broad scope of legal and regulatory tasks focusing on the full range of wealth management, our boutique corporate and institutional business, intermediaries and corporate matters. You will support all departments of the bank in their day-to-day activities including the drafting and reviewing of agreements, transactional documents, legal opinions, complaints, communications, ad-hoc requests etc.
The Legal Department is composed of a highly motivated and dynamic team that is committed to support BIL Suisse’s ambitious growth plans.
Your key responsibilities are:
- General legal and regulatory advice regarding the day-to-day activities of wealth management, the corporate and institutional business and the intermediaries business
- Legal support for complex and sophisticated transactions for large clients, including drafting, negotiating and reviewing of term sheets, the (credit and security) documentation and taking into consideration and making provision for all related regulatory (cross-border) aspects
- Appointment and management of external counsel and mandates for litigation and other matters
- Interaction with senior management
- Handling of requests from authorities and third parties
- Support for the Corporate Secretary function
- Cross-functional collaboration with the bank’s colleagues from other teams and/or locations
- Provide legal assistance to support functions (e.g. Risk, HR, Compliance)
- Support of (inter-)national legal and business projects
- Drafting new and amending existing contracts (and other documents as necessary) in line with legislative changes and further to application of bank policies and procedures
- Conducting research on legal topics
- Support the business with regard to inheritance matters