Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Main objectives of the position
The successful candidate will be in charge of the following main activities:
- Assist the internal models’ governance team.
- Support regulatory watch on risk topics and inform the impacted risk teams on a regular basis.
- Coordinate requests or obligations received from the regulators/supervisors and monitor their answers / implementation with the impacted teams.
- Maintenance of risk governance policies, model inventory and scorecards.
- Monitoring of the models’ life cycle (annual review, back-testing, internal validation, etc.)
- Act as the secretary of the Model Risk Committee
- Ensure that the submission of new internal models or model changes to the Supervisor are compliant with supervisory/regulatory requirements and internal policies (documentation and process).
- Help implement regulatory changes related to model governance
- Help centralize the obligations and requests received from the supervisor (JST, ECB and CSSF). Ensure that all obligations are properly addressed by their respective owners and report on their status for internal and external purposes.
- Help coordinate follow up actions according to regulatory and internal audit recommendations.
- Participate in the regulatory watch which is under Regulatory Affairs responsibility. Ensure an efficient regulatory watch by assessing the impacts of upcoming regulations impacting the risk department (EBA, European Commission, ECP and CSSF) and act as a point of contact for all regulatory questions within the Risk department.
- Help coordinate regulatory application and notification processes related to models.
- Master degree in Finance/Economics or related field.
- A first experience in a risk/audit/control role is a plus
- Motivation to expand knowledge of relevant regulations.
- Motivation to monitor regulatory requirements, processes, and upcoming changes.
- A good knowledge of credit products and processes will be considered as an advantage
- A good knowledge of the CRR and EBA / ECB publications on model governance will be considered as an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French will be considered a significant advantage.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.