Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
The Group Investment Management team within the Financial Markets business line is responsible for BIL Group’s investment strategy and its implementation. Due to the increasingly importance of sustainability considerations within investment activities, we are currently looking for an: ESG Officer (M/F).
As an ESG Officer, you will contribute to the development and implementation of BIL’s ESG infrastructure, which helps us meet regulatory expectations and industry standards and provide high quality service to our clients.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Supporting product development and portfolio management efforts for sustainable investment solutions
- Partner with Portfolio Managers to construct, monitor and report on various product programs, including UCITS and Discretionary solutions. Evaluate and assess performance of strategies & managers held within the custom sustainable investment portfolios. Conduct performance attribution to determinant sources of return within the models.
- Work closely with the Investment Management team to support analysts and manager due diligence of ESG integration, and working to improve and enhance our ESG due diligence framework and scoring methodology.
- Contribute to presentations for existing and prospective clients
- Assist in the delivery of SFDR funds and portfolios reporting
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about regulation and market practice. Engage with industry consultations on ESG issues to improve the process
Essential educational background and skills :
- License / Master: BAC +5, with minimum 3 years of experience in asset management or consultancy,
- Excellent knowledge of UCITS, SFDR, Taxonomy and MIFID regulation.
- Efficient in office tools with an emphasis on Excel, Powerpoint, (Visual Basic are a plus) and working knowledge of financial data softwares
- Languages: Fluent in French & English both orally and in writing.
Other important personal attributes:
- Proactive, strong team spirit
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Assertive, flexible and openness to change
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.