Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
BIL Corporate Finance is looking for a seasoned M&A professional to lead the development M&A practice, and co-lead more generally the financial advisory practice. The M&A director will report to the Head of Corporate Finance and will be responsible for originating and executing M&A buy/sell-side mandates, as well as other advisory transactions & financing activities in Europe (e.g. Luxembourg, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland).
- Source and manage autonomously transactions and clients (Entrepreneur/private investor, Corporate & Institutional) Develop knowledge and execution capabilities in other fields of Corporate Finance, including LBO financing, debt advisory, structured finance & syndication
- Take an active role, together with the Head of Corporate Finance, in business development and presentations, relying on the bank’s natural deal flow and capitalizing on your own international network
- Identify, design and lead critical practice development initiatives, inspire, motivate, coach and develop team members
KEY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
1.Take an active role in the development of new business relationships, marketing and business proposals. Identify and convert business opportunities in actual mandates.
2.Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on engagements and complete client & mandate acceptance internal procedures.
3.Execute the transaction, supported by junior team members, including:
- preparation of the information memorandum, management presentations, pitching
- contact potential buyers / sellers
- Providing valuations and financial analysis via modelling
- management of the due diligence process
- negotiation of key terms of the SPA together with legal advisors and other stakeholders
4.Take part in the execution of other types of financial advisory mandates and financing activities.
5.Provide inputs to regulatory reporting and internal initiatives.
6.Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in different sectors and industries.
7.Understand risk and ensure that Bank's risks management frameworks are adhered to.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
Level of education
- Master’s degree, MBA, or equivalent
- EN required. FR, DE and/or LUX are considered assets
Knowledge of Investment banking techniques
- Strong knowledge of Corporate finance, capital markets and structured finance (M&A, capital structure, valuation etc.)
Office automation/IT knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office and modelling skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.).
Type & years of experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in Investment Banking / Corporate Finance, M&A advisory, Transaction Services, Private Equity, debt capital markets or debt advisory
- Entrepreneurial mindset, result oriented
- Highly motivated, dedicated and willingness to learn combined with outstanding service and client centric
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and in a team
- Precise, attention to detail, organized with a good ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Team player with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to quickly understand complex transactions
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.