Founded in 1856, the Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 1 800 people, the BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
BIL provides relevant and innovative financial services to our clients. We are focused on Luxembourg and selected international markets, and on a long–term value creation by empowered individuals and teams.
We’re currently in the process of migrating from our Core Banking system (Mainframe) to a more modern solution (T24). Our Dev teams mainly work on integrating our fronts with this new Core Banking using micro-services. We’re putting heavy accent on DevOps practices.
In the context of activities in our IT department, we are actively looking for :
Application Software Engineer
Integrated in our Digital IT department, you will be part of the BIL's Transformation Plan. It focus on innovative financial platform bringing relevant digital banking features to clients and employees in order to take the bank’s capabilities to the next level. The program is executed by self-organized products teams embracing the Agile software development manifesto.
We are looking Application Software Engineer to integrate development teams and promote excellence in software development and encourage the adoption of technical architecture standards.
Your mission :
Together with your team, you will be responsible for :
· Analysis of the expressed needs and requested features.
· Solutions design in line with the information system.
· Document and validate the solutions with actors of the project.
· Ensure developments with the rest of the team in compliance with our standards.
· Communicate team project progress with the project manager and the clients.
· Promote and facilitate the adoption of the Software Craftsmanship practices.
· Share and promote knowledge inside the bank through our Dev Community.
· 3+ years in IT development area
· You are fluent in written and spoken English and French. You are able to participate actively in English and French meetings.
IT skills :
· Mastering java 11+ Spring boot backend applications or ReactJS (React-native) front-end (mobile) applications is needed. Mastering both is definitively an asset
· Knowledge in TDD and BDD.
· Knowledge in DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools will be an advantage.
· Culture in information technologies and architecture.
· Knowledge of Software Patterns and Anti Patterns.
· Good understanding of enterprise architecture (events, micro-services, operability)
A general knowledge of the banking industry will be an advantage. Experience in T24 integration is an asset.
Personal skills :
· Development is your passion.
· Progress through the software culture of Craftsmanship is your wish.
· Make untested code repels you.
· Sharing your knowledge with your peers interests you.
· Being challenged on your opinions does not frighten you.
· Being pragmatic is your biggest fault.
· Your obsession is the shortest feedback loop possible - at all scales.
· You are passionate at heart and always seek to improve yourself and share your knowledge.
· You master one or more programming languages.
· You are a code veteran who masters one or more programming languages.
· You like to communicate and are not afraid to speak your mind.
· You are keen to take initiative.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.