Founded in 1856, the Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 1 800 people, the BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
The depositary function provides investor protection, through overseeing the general administration of the Alternative Investment Funds (AIF), the safekeeping of AIF assets and monitoring the cash accounts of the AIF.
The AIF Depositary team ensures that all depositary duties are performed in accordance with all laws and regulatory directives.
- Support the team in assessing the complexity of AIF strategies and determine how to apply oversight procedures appropriately to each AIF;
- Support the team to obtain and assess legal documentation to fulfill depositary’s ownership verification and record keeping duties;
- Work with internal and external parties to resolve queries and escalate any issues;
- Performing day-to-day operations of the depositary and following up with third parties, including administrator and fund managers;
- Be involved in the due diligence of third party service providers;
- Assist the on-site inspections on all involved professional third-parties (AIFM, Fund Administration, Transfer Agent);
- Participate actively to the project management. Support the team in processing and developing automatization.
- You are a student in your fourth or fifth year of higher education focusing on economics and looking for a long-term traineeship (6-12 months);
- You are independent, trustworthy, and confident enough to take the initiative, with attention to detail and good organizational skills;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal and listening abilities;
- You are fluent in English (any other language would be considered as an asset);
- You are fully proficient in the usual Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.